3rd week of #flowwithspica series with Kim Terpstra and here is our 3rd video with bridge pose and wheel pose.
Week 3: Bridge & Wheel pose
- Lay over your block; one foot back, one on the floor and stretch your hipflexors. Then change the sides. If you feel comfortable, you can bring both legs back.
- Bring your knees towards you and make a few circles to relax your back.
- Bring your feet back on the mat and hips up for bridge pose. Press your hips up high.
- Come down and take a break.
- Maybe you can bring the soles of your feet together and open your knees to the outside.
- Come back in bridge pose, by catching your ankles this time. Press up high again!
- If you like, lift one leg and pull it closer and then the other side.
- Take a little break. Swing your knees from side to side to relax your back.
- Bring your hands behind your shoulders for wheel pose. Elbows aligned with your hands. Come on the crown of your head; align arms and legs and press up in wheel pose. You can move your weight back and forth or stretch your legs. You can walk your feet in to do a one leg variation.
- When you go down, bring the back of your head down first and slowly your body.
- For an advanced variation, come back in wheel pose. Slowly you can bring your elbows down in forearm wheel. Maybe walk your feet away, lengthen your legs and pull your chest open. Walk your feet back and place your hands back. Slowly come down back of your head first. Relax once more.
- Enjoy your practice!